VISTA NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION, INC.
Whitney Community Center – Nov. 2nd, 2017
In attendance: President– Mike Stefancic, Vice-President- Diane Winn, Jerad Johnson, Rose Dawson, John Sieloff, Dave Pena-representative from Sunrise Rim
Not Present: Sue Pasini, Dave Kangas, John Sielaff and Henry Wiebe
Meeting brought into session at 7:06pm
- No meeting minutes to approve. This meeting was a make up due to Halloween conflicts.
- Voted in new bylaws that include Sunrise Rim (5-0)PASS
- Voted to elect Dave Pena as new representative of Sunrise Rim now District 12. (5-0)PASS
- Budget approved (6-0) PASS
- 501c3 status voted to reinstate (6-0)PASS
- Placemaking committee report out
- Submit for Capital Grant Traffic box wraps – Marsha Philbrook is taking the lead.
- Noise complaints at Diocese from Animal Sanctuary submitted. Mike is following up with Diocese to see what steps have been taken.
- Newsletter circulation by district. We got out 1,000 newsletters.
- Rake up Boise Competition with Depot Bench Nov 11th 9am meet at community center
- Reinvestment grants- capital improvements- Melanie PTO would like to request new playground equipment. We also brainstormed this list of possibilities
- Shoshone park improvements eg basketball hoop, frisbee course, volleyball
- Traffic box wraps –
- Bike repair stands
- Sunrise street signs
- Fenced Dog Park
- Garbage can
- Playground Equipment have $5K
- 2018 Mini-Grants – November 15 , 2017 is the last day to submit Zoomgrants applications for 2018 mini-grants. These funds will reimburse NAs for expenditures December 1, 2017 – September 15, 2018, once your allocated 2017 funds are expended. 2018 funding is limited to no more than $1500 as the funds cover 10 months and most NAs have 2017 funds remaining.
- Mike will submit for this coming year
- 2019 Mini-Grants – January 31, 2018 is the last day to submit applications for 2019 mini-grants. NAs may request up to $2000 for the 2019 cycle. 2019 funds will be available on October 1, 2018.
- Meeting Nov. 18th to work on grants.
- Next meeting Jan 25th Annual meeting and elections.
Meeting Closed at 8:35pm
Submitted: Mike Stefancic- President